The Petzl Stop Descender is designed for long single rope descents mainly in caving. A venerable classic among descenders. When the handle is released, the descender brakes.
The descent is controlled by varying your grip on the free end of the rope. The handle is used only to un-jam, the rope and allow it to slide through the device. Thanks to the safety catch, you can install the rope with ease without having to unclip the descender from the harness.
- For use on single rope from 9 - 12mm diameter.
- Self-braking function allows you to easily stop and maintain your position on rope.
- Device can be rapidly installed or removed from the rope without disconnecting it from the harness.
- May also be used to ascend short distances with the addition of an ascender and foot loop
- The braking bobbins are replaceable.
- Weight 326gr.
The Petzl Stop Descender is one of the most popular devices for cave descents and abseiling worldwide. It offers exceptional control and versatility, while the self-braking function facilitates on-rope maneuvers.