This ergonomic Handled Ascender from Petzl was re-designed in recently, and refined to provide greater comfort, efficiency and ease of use.
To give you greater friction the ergonomically shaped grip is over moulded with rubber. The broader surface provides greater comfort while pulling on the ascender. To provide better comfort for your fingers during use the grip is wider at the bottom. The index finger indent has also been increased offering greater efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The angled teeth provide secure grip in the worst conditions.
The Handled Ascender has been redesigned to minimise friction when sliding the ascender along the rope. The geometry of the single piece aluminium frame ensures optimal handle orientation when the device is loaded and will maintain solid, comfortable performance.
- For use on single rope 8 - 13mm diameter.
- Molded grip provides even greater comfort with a more ergonomically shaped handle. This shape keeps your hand from sliding to the bottom of the frame each time you pull on the Ascender.
- The bi-material handle includes a rubber over molded grip, increasing the comfort and grip in wet or icy conditions.
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions
- Ergonomic trigger allows one-handed installation and removal.
- Mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable for years of use.
- The two attachment points allow for different uses (e.g. self- belaying, hauling systems, etc.).
- Anodized frames are color coded for easy identification (black -left / gray -right).
- Weight: 195gr.
Whether you are a climber who needs to ascend fixed ropes, or a caver using an SRT rig, Petzl Handled Ascenders will make your life much easier.