This Cicerone guide will suit the more adventurous walker and mountaineer who enjoys taking an off-track route on some of Lakeland's mountains. All routes are graded, and there are many illustrations and diagrams to help with route finding etc.
This guide includes:
- Route notes for 110 graded scrambles in the northern Lake District arranged by area.
- Introductions to each area, indicating the type of rock and any recommendations.
- Information on the approach, character, grade and route of each scramble.
- Area maps and sketch diagrams of the crags and routes.
- Advice on how top approach scrambling safely and with confidence.